With a biting finish, the desi pacers spared no effort to make their counterparts sweat.
The impressive match was watched live by Sanjiv Mehta, CEO and Managing Director of Hindustan Unilever Limited. This is the stadium’s first-ever game since the pandemic has made the game even more special for the FMCG boss.
Also read: India beat Pak in Asian Cup thriller, Twitter flooded with memes of Afghan fan kissing TV and Noida building demolished
“What could be better than a cricket match between India and Pakistan! It was an exciting encounter in Dubai and well done to the men in blue. Well done to the Indian team,” reads his detailed post on LinkedIn.
Recounting the heartwarming moments on the pitch, Mehta said players from both teams “showed high sportsmanship”. He shared that the spirit of the spectators in the stands was exceptional as they continued to cheer on their team and also applauded the opponents when they were playing well.
“Emotions are always high when India play Pakistan… This is how sports should be played and seen,” he said.
It is a known fact that Anand Mahindra, a cricket fan, often tries not to watch the game live as he thinks watching it harms the game. But, from this match, he decided not to miss a match anymore.
Hours before the match, when the Mahindra Group chairman couldn’t decide whether to watch the Indo-Pak showdown, he took a Twitter poll.
Of the 23,139 votes, around 75.6% of people asked him to watch the epic game, while the remaining 24.4% clicked on the “don’t watch” tab. Her previous post read, “Okay, I bow to your will. Put on my matching t-shirt and lucky sunglasses…”
Ok, I bow to your will. 😊 Getting my matching t-shirt and lucky sunglasses… https://t.co/UsitadpBP1
— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) 1661692853000
Shortly after he finished watching the game, he thanked people for “killing” his jinx and decided to continue watching games in the future. “Now I know why cricket and Indian cinema go hand in hand – both know how to keep us on the edge of our seats. What’s life without a little drama? (Transformed Bollywood into Indian cinema on demand general!),” his tweet read.
Now I know why cricket and Indian cinema go hand in hand – both know how to keep us on the edge of our seats. What is life with… https://t.co/1U3Usg6VAt
— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) 1661711651000
Vedanta Resources chairman Anil Agarwal was impressed beyond words to see ‘player of the match’ winner Hardik Pandya finish in style.
“A winner must always have that great style that our own Hardik Pandya unleashed today. Congratulations Team India, we are all proud of our boys in blue,” he wrote.
A winner must always have that stunning style, which our very own @hardikpandya7 unleashed today. Congratulations to the team at… https://t.co/S9KhfeWQHs
— Anil Agarwal (@AnilAgarwal_Ved) 1661712357000
Showing his appreciation for Pandya, Harsh Goenka, president of RPG Enterprises, said the game is not for the faint-hearted. He added that the depth of the cricketer’s batting style made him a delightful watch. “A well played game by Pakistan. Could have gone either way. The difference was India’s stick depth. ‘Hardik’ badhaiyan!” his message read.
#INDvsPAK This match was not for the faint hearted. A game well played by Pakistan. Could have gone either way. Th… https://t.co/8bFoKkff9H
— Harsh Goenka (@hvgoenka) 1661710854000
In another tweet, Goenka said it was the best example of how an India v Pakistan match should be full of twists, turns, suspense, thrills, dramas and emotions. “Cricket at its best! The game looks just as balanced now. Fingers crossed,” he said.
Exactly how an #IndvsPak match should be – full of twists, suspense, thrills, drama, emotions. Cricket at i… https://t.co/cDt0elUvB7
— Harsh Goenka (@hvgoenka) 1661706817000
Snapdeal co-founder Kunal Bahl previewed ‘Indians’ where a man could be seen frantically waving the national flag in Dubai ahead of the game.
Indians)? 😁 https://t.co/y2gghMJ1tP
— Kunalbahl (@1kunalbahl) 1661665776000
India will face Hong Kong, the other team in their group, in Dubai on Wednesday.